Legal Question in DUI Law in Kansas

i recieved a dui in kansas 4 nights ago. my license was taken by the police officer and i requested an appeal to not suspend my license. my understanding is that my license is not suspended YET. not until the hearing. so can i go to missouri and get a license without popping up in the national drivers register? p.s. i will be moving to missouri as a resident as well.

Asked on 2/02/11, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you are unable to surrendr yrou physical license to teh Missour Hoghway patorl (or license burea agent) they wil llikley look up your number in the system. Given that your case in Kansas just started, it might not show up yet (but probably ill) But. if Kansas later suspends your driving priveleges, Missouri will likely do so too. if you got your license back from the Police, you might be able to surrender it to get your Missour license, and perhpas not be suspended there. This is good issue to raise with the attonrey handling the dui for you. You should consult with them a follow their advice, as to the specific aspects of your case that space does not allow you to reveal here.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/14/11, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Kansas