Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

how do you get a judge to see your motion in a child custody suit

Asked on 1/18/11, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

You must properly file your Motion with the court clerk. A filing fee may apply. In some cases, mediation must be completed before a hearing can be scheduled. After the Motion is filed with the court clerk, a hearing date and time must be obtained from the judge's administrative assistant. That date and time should be cleared on the opposing party or attorney's calendar. A Notice of Hearing should be prepared, filed with the court clerk, and copy mailed to the opposing side. The judge will hear your Motion when it is properly served on the opposing side and scheduled for hearing. Consult an experienced family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/11, 1:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas