Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Step Parent Adoption

My stepdaughters mother wants to terminate her parental rights and have me adopt her. She is 4 years old. Will this require a lawyer?

Asked on 7/09/07, 10:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Step Parent Adoption

It is possible to do this through teh clerks of the District Court where you live. However, they are civil employees and do not have an interest in seeing that you have no repercussion in the future. It is probably best that you hire an attorney to represent you. the Court will appoint an attorney (GAL) to represent the little girl. If things are as cut-and-dry as you describe, it may not cost you much.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 7/12/07, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas