Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Kansas

1. In late August 2008 was charged with MIP (Minor in possession) an open container in public.

• I attended the first court date – pleaded not guilty. Then couldn’t attend the second court date because my visa date ran out.

• What are the net consequences? And is there a bench warrant for not attending court?

2. In addition I owe KU (college) about $500 in unpaid medical expenses (even though I had insurance) and library fines (the books are returned.)

3. I want to travel to Canada for a wedding this summer and eventualy the USA – will I appear on the NCIC (think) database which the USA and Canada share? Is my name going to flag up and will I even be able to enter?

4. Is it important I address these issues - If so how?

Asked on 5/25/16, 7:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Obviously, you have not provided enough information to give toy a definite answer to any if yiyr questions. Soecific questions cannit be answered hypothetically. You might have a bench warrant. It might show up when you try to enter the US. The debts to KU may still be collectable. . It is possible that Canada will want to adress tge bench warrant prior to allowing entry. You need to condult fitectly with an immigration attorbey. I suggest Mira Midvani. She deals in Kansas matters. You can find her via the internet.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/04/16, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Kansas