Legal Question in Military Law in Kansas

I have gone through a divorce which was final 3 years ago. My ex is retired military. So far I am not receiving the payments instructed by the courts and my attorney and I have not been able to find out how much my ex is receiving. We know that he is receiving disability benefits and not drawing on his 20 year pension. The goverment will give us no information. My question is does military law override civilian law and why can I not find out what is due to me?

Asked on 2/11/11, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you have judgmetn for the payment of money that is not being paid, then yu may bring that person in for hearing in aid. Tell yrou attorney that he might be able to get the information that way, as Kansas presumes that the 5th amendment will not be violated by forcing a judgment debtor to reveal their assets and source of income.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/14/11, 1:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Kansas