Legal Question in Military Law in Kansas

Upgrading a Court Martial Discharge

I was Court Martialed from the Army in 1995 and recieved a dishonorable discharge. I want to request an upgrade and it appears that the review boards only look at anything except Court Martial discharges. How do I request an upgraded discharge from a Court Martial proceding?

Asked on 5/08/06, 10:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Brand Steven Brand, Attorney at Law

Re: Upgrading a Court Martial Discharge

The Army Board of Corrections of Military Records will look at a court-martial discharge, here a dishonorable discharge. The ABCMR may only consider clemency on the court-martial sentence which may allow a change in the chracter of the discharge.

For any other questions, please visit my website at or e-mail me directly at [email protected].

Sincerely Yours,

Steve Brand

The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is not legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of this document should act or refrain from acting in reliance on its content without first seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice. Transmission of this document does not create an attorney-client relationship between Steven T. Brand, Esq. and any recipients.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/06, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Kansas