Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

My husband stole the sticker that goes on license plates from somebody else's car and put it on my car. I got pulled over and got a ticket for possession of stolen property. it happened about a year and a half ago so this case has been getting drug out a lot. They are letting me to diversion for one year so it doesn't go on my record but the diversion fee is 334 dollars. my diversion day to start is on Monday. they will not continue this case at all anymore. by Monday I will not have the money to pay the fee. what's going to happen to me?

Asked on 5/14/15, 1:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

The prosecutor may not agree to a continuance, but the Judge may still grant you one. If you plead Not Guilty, the city will have to prove their case against you. If your husband admits that he put a sticker, that you didn't know was stolen, on the car, it may be tough for them to cinvictbyiy. Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/10/15, 10:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas