Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

My 21 year old son was charged with possession of a forged document back in July. I contact a friend, lawyer to give him Marty's number. At that time I told him I was not responsible for the services since he is an adult. On several occasions I asked if he should get a court appointed attorney. The lawyer communication with my son of the legalities of the case. His bill was 1500 and he now is going to take me to court for the money because my son has not paid him. Can he do this. There was no written agreement or verbal agreement. Can he sue me for this?

Asked on 12/21/11, 3:19 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

If you did not sign a contract for services, and you specifically stated you would not pay the bill, then no, you are not responsible for the bill.

Criminal defense attorneys should know better than to do any work on a case without the flat fee paid in full, up front. Otherwise, the bill is never getting paid.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/11, 9:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky