Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

I had to let my car get repossed because I could no longer afford the payments. Now I'm being taken to court by a bill collector. I'm a single mother who doesn't make alot of money. What can I do? Can I get of of going to court by make payments to them that I can afford? Also I did not recieve anything after they took the car, like a notice from them that they were going to resell the car, for instance.

Asked on 10/31/11, 8:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

You can try to work something out with the attorney who filed the lawsuit. Otherwise, you will end up with a judgment against you, and they will seek to garnish your wages.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/11, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky