Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

My husband owes a medical bill of $2157.30, it was sent to a collection agency and they started to call him at work. He tried to make a deal with payments that we could afford and the creditor said that we had to pay a lump sum. They have now sent it to an attorney and we received a letter yesterday saying that we needed to dispute the validity of the debt. It said if we did not dispute the validity of the debt and did not arrange for payment on this obligation that the attorney would advise the client to file suit. We do not questions the validity of the debt and plan on contacting the attorney to let him know this. Hopefully we will more open to a payment plan. I am so worried and I want to know what our rights are before we contact the attorney to resolve the situation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we can not afford to hire an attorney at this time.

Asked on 12/11/14, 7:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Morrin Morrin Law Office

I suggest disputing the debt. At this point it's about negotiating the debt down. If you need help disputing and negotiating then get in touch with me. I help people in your situation without charging an arm and a leg. If you dispute it on your own then make sure you send a letter and do it in writing.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 12/11/14, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky