Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

Is their any way legally a person can recover monies that was loaned on a personal basis?

Asked on 8/17/10, 6:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Yes. Money loaned to an individual from an individual is recoverable in court when the individual doesn't pay. However, you will need to be able to prove that the money was given to the person, and that the money was a loan and not a gift. Hopefully you have records of this, i.e. a canceled check, something in writing indicating it was a loan such as an email or other written document. Depending upon the amount of money loaned, you can seek relief in either District or Circuit Court.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/10, 6:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky