Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

I went to prison for flagrant non support and got parole after 13 months, I was out for a couple years and stopped reporting! The same county I got my original charge in has issued another warrant for flagrant non support,can they do that?

Asked on 9/18/13, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas McAdam Thomas A. McAdam, III, Attorney

You can only be indicted for any nonsupport that occurred after the period of time for which you were first convicted. If you have continued to fail to support your child or children after your first conviction, you can be charged for an additional crime. You are in danger of being charged as a persistent felony offender, and may be subject to a long mandatory prison sentence. You should get in touch with a Shelby County criminal attorney as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 11:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky