Legal Question in DUI Law in Kentucky

I recently got a DUI in the process of relocating to a different state, my question is will I be able to let the courts know that I'm relocating so that they may transfer said DUI to my new state or should I finish making the move and later let them know about it?

Asked on 11/28/11, 8:12 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

There is no transferring a criminal charge. You have to submit to the jurisdiction in which the act occurred. If you live in Alaska and you commit a crime in Kentucky, you have to come back to court in Kentucky and serve your time in Kentucky if you are so sentenced. If you enter a state and commit an act there, you have submitted to that state's jurisdiction.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/11, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Kentucky