Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kentucky

What rights do I have to get more compensation on a open, medical 100% lifetime settlement, when DR's are telling me there's nothing they can do and I am going to be in a wheelchair within five years?

Asked on 10/12/11, 9:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Troutman Troutman Law Office

It sounds like you are asking about a worker's compensation claim. If I am correct, you can reopen a worker's compensation award if there is an increase in your disability. If you were already awarded 100% disability, then you will not be able to obtain an increase. You still have lifetime medical coverage for your injury unless you gave away this right as part of your settlement.

If you are not asking about a worker's compensation claim, then call me to give me more details to better understand your question. 502-241-8000.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/11, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kentucky