Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kentucky

I am not satisfied with how my attorney is handling my accident claim. my attorney is in Kentucky and the accident happened in Georgia, I feel he is not fighting hard enough for what is rightfully owed to me. Can i fire him and seek out other legal help?

Asked on 5/18/11, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Troutman Troutman Law Office

You can always fire your attorney and hire a new one. The good news is that you can do this without costing yourself any money. The bad news is it may be difficult finding a new attorney willing to take your case because he will now have to share the fee with another attorney.

Before hiring a new attorney, make sure that your attorney is truly dragging his feet or is not being aggressive. Why do you think he is not being aggressive? Is it because he has not submitted your claim to the insurance company or has not filed a lawsuit? Sometimes waiting is the most aggressive thing an attorney can do. For instance, if you have not fully recovered from your injuries, it would be aggressive for your attorney to wait because you do not want to settle your case before it reaches its highest value.

I would suggest that you speak with another lawyer about why you are unsatisfied to make sure that your attorney is not being aggressive. Feel free to contact Matthew Troutman at 502-241-8000 or 859-367-0036 to discuss this issue. No charge.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/11, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kentucky