Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kentucky

My son got hit by a car while rideing his bicycle last year on April 2 , 2010 , when is it too late to take legal action?

Asked on 4/12/11, 8:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Troutman Troutman Law Office

If your son is below the age of 18, he has until he turns 18 plus one year. If he is 18 or over and was covered by no fault benefits, then he has two years from the date of the last no-fault payment but no more than 4 years.

If you have not applied for no fault benefits you need to do so. The insurance carrier for the automobile is the primary carrier to pay no-fault benefits. If the car was uninsured, then a claim can be made against your own auto insurance plan. If you do not have insurance, a claim can be made with the assigned claim plan. You need to contact a Kentucky lawyer to help you with this claim. Feel free to contact attorney Matt Troutman at 502-241-8000 or 859-367-0036.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/11, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kentucky