Legal Question in Admiralty Law in Louisiana

What do I have to have to stay in home after spouses death

Asked on 1/17/18, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

If it was your marital domicile (where you lived during your marriage together), you likely have what is called "usufruct" over the property and can stay there rent free until you die or remarry. You need to talk to an attorney and you may want to open the succession.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/18, 5:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Admiralty Law questions and answers in Louisiana