Legal Question in Criminal Law in Louisiana

bench warrant removal

my husband had a court date in louisiana and well he was already incarcerated in texas. My husband only has 4 months to do over here. Parole has got in contact with him and said that he has to have the warrant lifted before he can make parole over here in texas. My question is can he get the bench warrant lifted if I hire a lawyer or do I have to hire a lawyer

Asked on 7/05/09, 12:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: bench warrant removal

Doing it yourself will end up with you on this site again. For a relatively small fee an Attorney in Louisiana should be able to get the warrant withdrawn and the bond reinstated. You need to move quickly though. Then when Paroled, he can come to Louisiana and face the charges here. He will need the permission of his Parole officer of course. And even if not paroled, he needs the bench warrant recalled to avoid problems in the future.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/09, 6:57 am
Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: bench warrant removal

Get a copy of the documents showing where he was incarcerated & the dates of incarceration. With that document, contact the Clerk of Court. in the parish where he missed court.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/09, 8:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Louisiana