Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Concerned Mother

I went to court last year for custody, it was agreed upon betweeen mother and father to have joint custody with 50 shared physical custody with both parents being named co- domicilary parents. The father only wanted this to decrease child support amount but he only comes to get child every other weekend! What it be a good idea to take hime back to court to try to become primary domicilary parent and him only visitation rights? PS, The judge stated at the end of the court session that he would not reopen this case! Do I still have a chance?

Asked on 10/05/06, 12:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Re: Concerned Mother

Child custody cases are open until the youngest child is an adult.

If the circumstances are different from the judgment you have the right to file and try to change the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/06, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana