Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Family Life

If a 17 year old girl is extremly and very unhappy with her life and doesn't want to live with her family anymore, and her finace his family are willing to take her in can she legally go move in and live with them?

Asked on 2/24/08, 3:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Family Life

She can either go to court to be emancipated or wait until she is 18. If she tries to do this now, then her parents could force her to return but I don't know if they will.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/08, 8:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana