Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

Military Law/Adultery

My wife and I have been separated for two months (not legally) to work on our marriage. She decided to move out from post housing to an apartment in town. She recently admitted to having a sexual affair with another soldier in my brigade. During the affair she admitted telling him she was separated from me at the time. May I file charges on him? What would be the process?

Asked on 7/06/08, 9:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Military Law/Adultery

You need to seek assistance from the Judge Advocate office on your post. Last I heard, adultery may be grounds for dismissal from the military. But being separated from someone is NOT being divorced from them. Think before you do anything rash. Adultery will only stop alimony from attaching, and you may get the divorce quicker if you can prove it.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/08, 9:41 am
Johm Smith tom's

Re: Military Law/Adultery

LA is a no fault state. You can get divorced and keep her from getting spousal support, if you can prove the infidelity. I'm not sure what and if you would want to try to charge him with through the military because she apparently lied to him. She's the one causing the trouble.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/08, 11:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana