Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Louisiana

My wife's family are heirs to property in Gonzales, LA. There are seven heirs involved. We were notified recently that the city had condemmed a building on the property and required it be demolished. I contracted a company that did the work for half the cost that the city would have charged had we let them handle the demolition. One family member refuses to pay their share of the cost.

Since I contracted the demolition company, I paid the bill in full. All other family members have repaid me for their share. What options do I have to collect from the one member who refuses to pay? The amount is $875.00.

Asked on 12/18/13, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Sue him. You can sue in small claims court without a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/13, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Louisiana