Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Louisiana

I have been divorced for almost 4 years in the divorce settlement papers it was agreed on that i would retain soul possion and ownership of the home i live in.

with the exception that if it were ever sold she gets half of the equity above what ever is still owed on the property. I am planning to sell the home she is saying now that the amount she will get (her half of the equity) is not enough and the wont sign anything. with her giving me soul ownership she should not have to sign anything or have any say over when or how much i sell the property for correct? all I should have to do is give her her half of the equity correct?

Asked on 6/17/13, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Correct. You may have to file a motion with the court to compel her to sign. Don't wait too long to do that, as it will take time to get a hearing date.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/13, 5:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Louisiana