Legal Question in Social Security Law in Louisiana

ssi help

I live in louisiana and i'm on SSI because i have diabetes, last year i had my little toe removed and i live with my boyfriend and now I can't work and stay on my feet for nothing at all, is there anyway to get more money from my SSI even if i do live with him as long as we are not married? and what should I do to get this help from SSI help that is so needed.

I tell you this, if it wasn't for him to let me live with him i can't make it on my own.

i pay the rent at $220.00

and now summer time is here i help pay for the bills at around 100 dollars, and some of the food at around 110.

now i only make $415.00 and all the rest of my money is to go on meds and for some one to take me to the doctors office and what ever is left i keep it for my other needs.

i tell you i can't make it on my own because of this i have just told you.

can you help me help my self by telling what i need to do to get more help.

they SSI office dep, said it because i do live with this man that makes more then me, i can't get any more pay, why? we are ot married yet and i don't see us getting married soon. so what to do and why can't i get more from them.

thank you for all your help

D Cryer

Asked on 6/26/07, 2:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: ssi help

The first and most important reason you cannot get more money is because SS says you cannot. As long as someone else is helping with the bills, you are not totally dependent upon yourself. So it appears you need to accept what you are getting, look for other free stuff like food stamps, and/or move out or move him out.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/07, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Louisiana