Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

My father died with a will and I was named Executor of his Estate which is listed in Judgement of Possession. There is a total of 4 heirs including myself. I would like to sale his vehicle but only 3/4 heirs have signed the bill of sale and Affidavit of heirship form. It's been 2.5 years and the one defiant heir is continuing to refuse to sign forms mentioned above. What can I do???? Can I submit paperwork without the 4th heir listed?

Asked on 1/19/17, 4:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Maguire James G. Maguire, Attorney At Law

You can sell the vehicle as the Executor of your father's succession. Consent of all the heirs is not necessary.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/17, 6:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana