Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Louisiana

Olographic Will

I have adult children from a previous marriage and would like to know if I can leave my current wife my portion of our estate while giving her the right to sell any or all of the assets that she desire? If so, how do I write this in an Olographic Will? Thanks

Asked on 1/04/07, 8:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Perry Staub Taggart Morton

Re: Olographic Will

If your adult children are 23 years of age or older, you are freed of the restrictions of Louisiana's forced heirship laws and may dispose of your estate in any manner that you deem appropriate. Just state that you leave the entirety of any estate of which you die possessed to your beloved wife, ____. Since you are bequeathing the property in full ownership, she will be free to sell the property and use the proceeds as she likes.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/07, 8:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Louisiana