Legal Question in Product Liability in Maine

product damage

This may not be considered a ''serious'' situation, but I am upset over the outcome. I used a laundry detergent FOLLOWING THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS on my daughter in law's NEW bedspread and it has ended up with large white spots that look like it was bleached. It is ruined. I notified the product division of the network marketing company that sells the product and they are refusing to stand behind the product, stating that as a distributor I need to purchase their liability insurance and this is considered a business expense. I cut and pasted the product info posted on website. Advice?

Asked on 7/11/07, 11:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Marchese Drummond & Drummond, LLP

Re: product damage

You can go to samll claims court in the Maine District Court closest to where you live. Ask the clerks for a small claims packet, pay the $35 filing fee, then when they send notice of the hearing, show up and tell the judge your version, and bring the detergent & bedspread w/ you.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/07, 11:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Maine