Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

mortoe vehicle accident

was involved in an accident where a huge sheet of ice flew from another vehicle through my windsheild. the car never stopped and i was uninsured at the time. i suffered severe head trauma and had to have reconstructive surgery. i was out of work for 3 months and i just found out that my vision in m,y left eye has been affected by it. i suffer from constant dizzy spells and excruiating migranes. can i sue the state of maryland or the highway administration in maryland for my accident. shouldnt it be a law that prevents drivers from going through the highway with all that ice on their cars.. or am i just out of luck because i didnt have insurance.

the accident occured in the state of maryland however i reside in new jersey.

Asked on 4/03/08, 8:17 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Zerres Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari

Re: mortoe vehicle accident

We'd need additional information in order to evaluate your potential claim (including information on who owned your vehicle, where it was registered, and whether anyone you resided with had an auto insurance policy at that time). Please feel free to contact me or any of my partners at the Blume Goldfaden Firm via the profile information provided on this site. We look forward to speaking with you, and will assist you in any way we can.

Michael B. Zerres

Read more
Answered on 4/03/08, 8:34 am
Jay Holland Joseph, Greenwald & Laake, P.A.

Re: mortoe vehicle accident

I am sorry to hear about your accident. Although we would require additional information, there are some possibilities to consider. For example, was the other driver on a personal trip, or was the driver on a trip for his/her employer? If on a work-related trip, the employer may have responsibility.

Additionally, even if the other driver had no insurance, that may not preclude the possibility of pursuing that driver or the owner of the vehicle in some circumstances. We would need additional information to assess that.

Also, under your own insurance policy, you may be able to pursue what is known as uninsured and/or underinsured coverage for the wrong-doing of others without insurance, or without enough insurance.

I would be happy to discuss these possibilities with you further, at

The opinions expressed herein are not intended to constitute legal advice or of an attorney/client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/08, 12:27 pm
Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Re: mortoe vehicle accident

Sorry, the state can't be held responsible because a motorist failed to clear ice off his vehicle and took to the highways. If you had insured your vehicle, you could have made a claim under your uninsured motorist coverage based on a "hit and run", since I assume you can't identify the other vehicle. But your lack of insurance prevents this.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/08, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland