Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland


Can I stop a garnishment without filing bankruptsy?

Asked on 2/17/04, 5:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

Re: Garnishment

Sure - you can pay the debt, settle the case, or (if it's a wage garnishment) quit your job. If it's a property/bank garnishment, there are various exemptions that could apply to the property. If the judgment was entered without jurisdiction or is otherwise subject to being vacated, you could file a motion to do that. You need to see a lawyer with regard to your specific facts in order to figure out your best course of action.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/04, 7:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland