Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Maryland

A judgement was entered against me in a Maryland District Court. The plaintiffs Attorney filed that notice in another Maryland County. I received a summons to appear in that county. We do not have a payment arrangement, and I have sent in some payments toward the debt. Do I have any recourse to avoid appearing?

Asked on 2/07/15, 6:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brett Weiss The Weiss Law Group

Your options to avoid the Supplemental Proceedings hearing are:

1. Pay the judgment in full.

2. Contact the creditor's attorney to work out a payment plan.

3. File for bankruptcy.

Brett Weiss

Read more
Answered on 2/07/15, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Maryland