Legal Question in DUI Law in Maryland


My nephew who is 21 was at Merriweather with his girlfriend who is 19 last year for a concert. He purchased a beer had her hold it while he reached down to pick some bags of f of the ground. 3 policemen approached and cited him with a $2500 fine because he gave a beer to a minor. She did not drink any and was just holding it. He has a ct date on 1/15/13 in Ellicot City and I was wondering what usually happens in this situation and should he need counsel. He has never had any other issues with law.



Asked on 1/06/14, 12:19 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

RAYMOND CARIGNAN Raymond Carignan, Esq, LLC

An attorney can make sure that a conviction can be expunged if needed.

It is surprising the problems such a little matter can have on the rest of your life

Have him call me to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/14, 12:25 pm
William Welch William L. Welch, III Attorney

No one can guarantee that your nephew's case would result in "the usual way, " even if there were such a thing. The risk is that he would end up with a record for something silly, that potential employers, landlords, or lenders might hold it against him in the future.

An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/14, 1:31 pm
Jason Cleckner Law Office of Jason Cleckner, LLC

If it was him who was underage, or simply a fake ID charge, the States attorneys usually do community service for a dismissal. I'm not sure what they'd do for this, but I presume they take it more seriously. He should definitely get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 1/07/14, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Maryland