Possession of alcohol citation
Myself and 2 others received an
alcohol citation in Howard County,
Maryland on July 14, 2009 for
possession of alcohol under the age
of 21. Here are the facts:
1. We had an unopened bottle of
vodka, a flask of something that we
were not sure what was in it and the
officers couldn't even get open, and a
half bottle of Apple Pucker.
2. We had Gatorade that we were
going to drink that did not contain
3. No breathalyzer was given.
4. We were not drinking alcohol; only
5. 8 officers were involved. I find this
unnecessary, especially since they
were making fun of us the entire
6. My tongue was purple and
automatically accused me of drinking
7. On two of the citations, they wrote
that we had one sip and I had the
bottle in my hand. Fact: I was
moving the bottle in my trunk to get
Gatorade and again, I had a sip of
8. I turn 21 in 2 weeks, another
turns 21 in 2 months. The other is
Any ideas how to go about this?
1 Answer from Attorneys
Re: Possession of alcohol citation
Yes...get a lawyer! A conviction could haunt you forever.