Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

My wife and I have been married for 7 years. Two years ago she stepped out on me and had sex with another man resulting in her getting pregnant by the other man.I never signed the birth certificate and had a paternity test done after the baby boy was born.The test showed I was not the father. For the past two years I have stayed married to this woman must because of the little boy. The boy has a heart condition and the father nor my wife work. So me having a great health plan (a big heart) and a job have been taken care of this child that is not even mine . The father has a job now and She is finally taken him to court for child support. She is currently waiting on the paternity results from the court and the baby is doing great now. I wanted to know if I get a divorce now can she take me to court also for child support for taken care of this child the last two years. I just want out of this crazy situation. These past two years haven't been heaven.

Asked on 7/29/13, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

Once the paternity of the real father is established, you would no longer have any child support obligation.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 7:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland