Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

i have a bad driving record my sister agreed to tag and insure my car so it would be cheaper i had a falling out with her husband so my sister called the police and reported my car stolen and took my car i have the bill of sale can i do anything?

Asked on 5/15/13, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

You would have to sue your sister in what is called a replevin action which asserts that someone is withholding your property without a legal right to do so. Since you apparently signed the title over to her this could be problematic, essentially since what you did was to circumvent the law. You need to consult an attorney who is knowledgeable in this area.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland