Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Maryland

If I'm still having pain after my surgery, because the doctor didn't take precautions, what can I sue for?

Asked on 9/08/12, 3:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

First of all you would have to have your records reviewed by another physician familiar with the procedure you underwent who is prepared to identify things the surgeon did or didn't do that would be considered negligent or beneath the standard of care, and which, as a result, were the cause of unnecessary pain or other consequences. You are not qualified to say whether the pain you are experiencing is unusual and is due to the lack of precautions taken by the surgeon . Unless this pain becomes long term or permanent, or there are other consequences such as the need for further surgery, it's unlikely that a malpractice attorney would take on the case given the expense and uncertainty of a favorable result,

Read more
Answered on 9/10/12, 8:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Maryland