Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

How can you give your spouse power of attorney for you to sign property documents in another state when you're on a business trip?

Asked on 5/04/15, 10:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

The power of attorney can be sent to you electronically and you can access a printer to produce a hard copy. Most settlement companies in this age of electronic communications with accept e-copies of powers of attorney, although they will want the original document for recording soon thereafter. Of course you can overnight the original (fedex, etc) that has been properly signed and notarized in accordance with MD law.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/15, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland