Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maryland

Can a Real Estate attorney help me with an nuisance issue I have with a neighbor, whose residential/building code violation that's causing me health problems?

My next door neighbor, in the adjoining house, had basement waterproofing work done this August, and the result of this has led to obnoxious dryer fumes entering into my house and causing me difficulties. My neighbor's dryer in not exhausting or venting properly to the exterior of his house (it's doing so inside his house), resulting in an accumulation of fumes entering my house, causing me eye irritation and headaches and sometimes difficulty breathing. I've seen his dryer hook up, or lack thereof, because he has showed me himself and has said that he doesn't want to fix it properly. I believe the waterproofing work altered the structural integrity of his house, or mine, and now these fumes that were previously contained within the confines of his premises are escaping and entering mine. Do I have cause for any legal recourse or not? I've already contacted the City Housing Building Code Inspector's Office. They made 3 unsuccessful attempts to enter the house and to inspect the basement. But because he avoided them each time they have closed the case. Now, do I have to pursue this on my own or can an attorney offer some assistance? Thank you very much. Mark S.

Asked on 11/09/16, 8:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ayodeji Badaki The Badaki Law Firm, LLC.

An attorney can assist you in bringing an action against your neighbor whose actions are interfering the your quite use and enjoyment of your property. Such actions could include requests for an injunction and for damages.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/16, 10:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maryland