Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

2 brothers own a home with joint suvivorship; one brother is married and wants his share to go to his wife. what is necessary to make this happen?

Asked on 9/10/10, 12:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Stewart Law Office of Charles R. Stewart, LLC

The house will need to be retitled to "tenants in common". Otherwise, the surviving joint owner will receive the entire property at the death of the first to die. The brothers also need to execute wills so that the property can pass according to that brother's wishes.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/10, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland