Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

dna Test

How or were do i go to fine out were someone lives?Cause i was in a affair for about 5 years and there was a kid involved. I need a test done to fine out if he is mine and what i need to do to see him.Also a court order to have theme this done.I went to City Hall and the library for Information.No good there.

Asked on 3/06/07, 5:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)

dna Test

You can hire a private investigator or hire an attorney to walk you through the process so that your and the child's interests are represented.

If you have any questions, contact me.

Read more
Answered on 3/06/07, 5:24 pm

Thomas Workman Law Offices of Thomas Workman

Re: dna Test

A good private detective can usually find anyone, if you have an

address of where they once lived, and a date of birth. It may take a

few hours of their time, maybe a few hundred dollars to hire them.

They have resources that you do not have access to.

You will need to petition for a paternity test, which you can do at

the Taunton probate court. The hearing may be held in New Bedford or

Fall River. Once the DNA test results are back, if you are the

father, you can petition for visitation. You will probably be

ordered to pay child support.

Tom Workman

Taunton, MA

Read more
Answered on 3/06/07, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts