Legal Question in Business Law in Massachusetts

If I feel that I am being harassed "bullied" at work, what steps can be taken to make it stop or am I going to be forced to quit because of a few select individuals?

Asked on 4/14/14, 6:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You need to file a complaint with the manager, your supervisor and/or the HR person for the firm if there is one.

The harrassment can be grounds for a constructive discharge, but you need to ask the Employer to correct the situation.

If you are being harrassed because of your gender, race or religion, then you may have more substantial rights and claims against your firm. You might want to contact an attorney familiar with employment issues before raisng the issue with your employer, so you know how to properly describe the problem.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 4/14/14, 8:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Massachusetts