Legal Question in Technology Law in Massachusetts

stolen internet identity

I was flown to CA for an audition for a website, I never signed a release and was told that it was just an audition and would never be used. I have since been broadcast all over the internet, a site has been opened usining--name removed--dot com and he has smeared my name to my family and everyone else that was on my myspace. its not a porn site but he is using my face and name and I can't get any police or government agency to help me. The attorney General, my congressman, local police have done nothing. I have all communications from him even the ones saying that my audition would never be seen. I have traced them to his dads office and come to find out he is a convicted felon for internet crime. I live in MA, it took place in CA and he continues to harass me online from NYC.

Asked on 10/29/07, 6:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: stolen internet identity

If you did not sign a release of any kind, you can sue the web site and the individuals for damages and improper use of your image.

more information is needed to evaluate your claim.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/07, 8:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in Massachusetts