Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

If a friend owes me money and hasn't paid me back, and I sue her in small claims court, can I sue her husband as well if much of the money lent was to pay for a car they share, Eve. If the agreement was with her? Or can her husbands finances be considered for repayment?

Asked on 3/02/16, 2:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mildred Phillips Mildred N. Phillips, Attorney at Law

Regrettably, no you cannot because Massachusetts is not a community property State.

No, her husband's finances cannot be considered for the repayment of the debt.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/16, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts