Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Massachusetts

my neice took out a student loan then lied about the national guard paying for it. it went from a 4000 t0 8000

because of her not paying it my wife cosigned the loan so wer are now stuck paying her loan, we had to come up with 2000

in order to get a payment plan so they would hit my wifes pay check. she is not paying us back what options do we have

Asked on 9/18/16, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jed Berliner L J Berliner

You can always sue your niece for contributions, for reimbursement of what you have to pay as you pay it but the niece probably cannot repay.

This sounds like a private loan and not one from the federal government. A private student lender cannot easily get a wage attachment If might not even be able to prove it owns any loan. You'll need to hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/16, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Massachusetts