Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

In Massachusetts, what rights do I have to my son if he was born out of wedlock?

Asked on 8/13/17, 3:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

You should take a DNA test and go to court to establish paternity and request custody and visitation

Read more
Answered on 8/13/17, 9:40 am

You have all the rights of any father, provided that you can prove you are the father. You need to establish your parentage and then can seek your rights to visitation and/or custody. However, you will then be obligated to pay support for the child as well.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/17, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts