Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

I had a Pre-trial hearing for my divorce that is postponed due to COVID. I don’t know when my new court date is going to be but I am moving out of state with my daughter, 2700 miles away. What do I need to do to make this legal if I don’t have a court date before I move?

Soon to be ex is aware of my moving, doesn’t object, but I haven’t seen him in a year to get anything written from him.

Asked on 5/05/20, 8:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Your daughter can't be removed from Massachusetts without permission from a judge or the father. If the father doesn't object get him to sign a written permission for her to be removed out of Massachusetts.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/20, 6:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts