Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

spouse abandonment

my spouse abandon me 4 months ago will this help me in court and to what degree

Asked on 1/18/09, 11:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Murray Joseph M. Murray, Esq.

Re: spouse abandonment

Assuming you know his current address and can serve him with a divorce complaint the court will consider the conduct of the parties as one of nineteen factors in determining division of marital assets. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 1/18/09, 1:25 pm

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)

Re: spouse abandonment

It can assist in your complaint for divorce. You can always file for irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/09, 5:13 pm
Gabriel Cheong Infinity Law Group

Re: spouse abandonment

Help you with what? If you mean in a divorce action, you can get a divorce from your spouse whether he abandoned you or not. If you're seeking some sort of property division, unfortunately, without him being there in court, you cannot get one.

Read more
Answered on 1/18/09, 11:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts