Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Massachusetts

Was dating this woman on and off for the past five years. Broke it off in late 2012 when she started accusing me of having sex with all kinds of women and my next door neighbor. She went so far as to approach my landlord who is my neighbors boyfriend and lives in the same building. She told him that his girlfriend and I were having sexual relations. He knew this to be false and banned my ex from coming around his property. He informed her that if she returned he would call the police. A little time passed and then she began accusing me of chasing married women. She went on to approaching their spouses and making her statements to them . One of these husbands attempted to approach me to do me physical harm. He and his wife have filed for divorce since. But over other issues. On Tuesday November 5th 2013 I went with my landlord, his girlfriend and a date arrainged by my sister to a veteran's benefit dinner. When my ex found out I had a date she went nuts. She is claiming she is going to go back and confront my landlord with the accusations that I am engaged in sexual relations with his girlfriend. I think she is in a fatal attraction with me even afteer we have broken up and I am afraid of her behaviors. I suffer from depression and am disabled. She knows this. I have informed her that her false allegations have driven me back to depressive behavior and self mutilation on my arms. She doesn't care. Is there a crime being committed here by her? If so what is it and how can I stop it? I am starting to get afraid for my own safety and the safety of my landlord and his girlfriend. Please help me.

Asked on 11/06/13, 5:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

I'm sorry to hear this. How awkward and embarrassing. The woman is slandering you, saying that you had sexual relations with these women. While you may not be in physical fear - you can likely obtain an order from the Superior Court preventing her from saying these kinds of things in the future. If she does, she would then be violating a Court Order, and you could seek other kinds of damages.

If you're disabled, you may not have the resources to hire a lawyer - but I'd suggest doing so. First, you then wouldn't have to deal with your ex at all; secondly, the process would go a lot more smoothly.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/13, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Massachusetts