Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Adjustment of status

I am applying for permanent residency through my husband who is a US citizen. I've filled out all the required forms (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-693, G-325A) Could someone tell me what the fee is for the combined package? Or do I have to pay individual fee for all the forms? I'm currently is Boston so which USCIS office do I file my application at? Do I send all the forms together?

Asked on 9/20/08, 9:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Adjustment of status

Ms. Merino is correct. She or one of our immigration attorneys can review your filing or file for you. Don't gamble with something this important.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/08, 12:46 am
Melina Merino Attorney Melina Merino

Re: Adjustment of status

For the I-130, the fee is $355.00 and for the I-485 the fee is $930.00 plus an $80.00 biometric fee. Which service center to submit your applications to and if you qualify to file concurrently are issues that need to be discussed with an attorney. You should also retain an attorney to at least review the forms and make sure everything is filed properly. Many times people believe they can complete the process on their own on the assumption that they will be able to save some money and even the smallest mistake often times causes them to have their case delayed and, in some instances, denied, causing them to later have to pay double in immigration and legal fees to try to correct the problems, or even worse, they end up in deportation proceedings. Our office offers flat fees for these types of cases. We are also in the Boston area. Feel free to contact us should you need any assistance. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/23/08, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts