Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

Can I claim the total charged for my medical bills the majority of which were paid by my own health insurance carrier in a slip and fall claim? My insurance carrier has not filed a lien on the claim. The insurance adjuster wants a break down of what was paid by insurance and what I paid out-of-pocket. I have already provided her with the total charge of each medical expense and that is what I was requesting in my claim for my medical expenses. She wants to pay me just what I paid "out-of-pocket".

Asked on 5/20/13, 4:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC.

You have the right to seek the full measure of your damages from the responsible party. Just because the responsible party's insurance company demands something, or states a position, does not mean that you must agree or comply. You should retain counsel to assist in advocating your position. Feel free to call us at 617-357-4898.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts