Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

Six years ago i was hit by a car, as a result i am now a paraplygiac. Shortly after the accident i hired a lawyer,for unknown reasons he did not file the suit. My quesition is "Can i still sue after all this time? Thank you for your help in advance, G.

Asked on 7/23/10, 11:46 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jonas Jacobson Law Offices of Jonas Jacobson

Probably, you cannot, as something called the "statute of limitations" has likely passed. However, you may be able to make a claim against that lawyer's insurance policy, if he has one - or against the lawyer himself. While I do not know, obviously, whether you have a case or not, that would be the party you should investigate.

I happen to know the best in the business at these kind of cases (called attorney malpractice claims), and am happy to refer you if you would like to contact me: 617-230-2779. Take care.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 2:54 pm
Stephen Fine Law Offices of Stephen R. Fine

You may have a basis for a legal malpractice claim, which I would consider handling.

Stephen Fine


Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 3:19 pm
Joseph Lamy Law Office of Joseph Lamy

It sounds quite possible that you have a legal malpractice claim, but more information is needed. Be aware that there is also a statute of limitations for you to bring a legal malpractice claim, so it is in your best interest to act quickly.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/10, 7:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts